Monday, September 13, 2010

Jobs and the Universe

I finally heard from the DoR; they called last week, and I have an interview tomorrow. I'm nervous, but I'm trying to channel my nervous energy into learning more about the department, the job, and all their publications.

What's making me feel better about all of this are my recent horoscopes from my Sagittarius page-a-day calendar. I know that sounds like a lot of hooey, but just check these out . . .

Wednesday, September 8: The New Moon could deliver social and career opportunities, any of which could usher in a new era of success and recognition for your good work. This was the day they called about the interview.

Thursday, September 9: You're already affiliated with the people who can hasten the achievement of one of your goals. So get out your Sherlock Holmes deerstalker cap and sleuth out who they are. I know a lot of people at the DoR, two of whom were giving me great advice, and many of whom were and are advocating for me.

Saturday and Sunday, September 11 and 12: Cue the Hallelujah chorus: Mercury is direct again. This should encourage you to think in bold strokes and maybe even (gasp!) take a chance on some of your bolder ambitions. I'm not sure whether this has to do with my job, or with working on writing and trying to get published again.

Monday, September 13: Excellent news! Pluto has finally gone direct. Now both your finances and your sense of the most efficient way to deploy your talents and assets are likely to fluff back up.

Tuesday, September 14 (the day of my interview; yes, I looked ahead, shut up): Mars in broody Scorpio could accelerate your anxiety-generating mechanism. The antidote for insecurity: make an effort to expect the best outcome from each situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment