Friday, July 30, 2010

Back in the Blog Life Again . . .

The last few weeks have been incredibly tumultuous! I haven't been writing because I've been so distracted.

A quick summary:

After my breakdown, I ended up getting another interview, so I had two, back to back. I interviewed with Virginia Tech on the 23rd, and the Union County Library on the 26th.

And that has done wonders for my confidence and hopes, for many reasons.

First, it shows me that I am marketable. That I can get interviews, even if they don't end in jobs.

And the VT job isn't going to work out, but that's okay. I haven't gotten a call back from them, but even if I do, it's just not going to happen. But, again, that's okay.

The Union job also isn't going to work out. It's a wonderful library, with wonderful people, but it's just not the job for me, so I removed myself from consideration for the position. It's nice to reject a job for once, instead of having a job reject you.

And this is not to say that I'll still be slap-happy-sappy if I haven't gotten another interview in a month . . . but I do have a lot more hope and positivity, and I can tell myself that I got some pretty awesome interviews.

Today I got up and did some yoga, and for the first time since I started doing it, or any other form of activity, I felt good. I felt good while I was doing it, I felt good afterward, and I feel good now.

1 comment: